Contact: Ranita Wilks
Independent Living Skills/Peer Counseling Specialist
841-0333 ext. 115
Deinstitutionalization is a core service that reflects our values and belief that placement of people with disabilities in institutions or nursing homes is inappropriate. Independence, Inc. provides services to assist a person with a disability make the transition from a nursing home or institution to a home of their choosing in the community.
- independent living skills (finding affordable and/or accessible housing, budgeting and transportation)
- access to personal care attendant services
- information about other community resources.
- Money Follows the Person (a state program that contributes a person's move from a nursing home or institution to a home in the community. Contact Independence, Inc. for more information or to request services.)
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waivers